Find Your Job
Search for new opportunities, your next job awaits!
Our client is an Orthopedic Outpatient surgery center looking for an MRI Tech Aid to assist in multiple locations. Current locations are in Greenwich, CT Stamford, CT and Harrison, NY. Competitive pay and benefits.
Please read the job responsibilities and qualifications below and apply!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Performs initial MRI safety screening on all MRI patients.
· Communicate with the Technologist if the patient answers yes during the initial safety screening.
· Assists technologists by monitoring safety zones.
· Assists in setting up coils and positioning patients on MR/CT examining table for procedures.
· Aides with MRI patients who exhibit claustrophobia. Stays in the MRI room whenever a patient needs assistance or comfort to complete an MRI study. Escorts and transports patients via wheelchair to and from the imaging department if needed. Accompany patient to all MRI zones.
· Assists technologist as ACR guidelines second staff member during MRI exam.
· Assist MRI techs with supplies and set up a sterile tray for IV insertion and 2nd staff member during injections.
· Monitors daily schedule.
· Assist with ensuring images are sent to radiologists' queue for reading.
· Process superbill, ensure charges are entered, and notes are completed for each case.
Education and/or Experience
· Associates preferably, technical degree and equivalent experience.
· Industry-related certifications are a plus.