Find Your Job
Search for new opportunities, your next job awaits!
Our client located in Stamford CT is looking for a Certified Sterile Processing Technician to assist there OR staff in the organization and daily function of the operating room in accordance with established Federal, State and accreditation standards and procedures. Responsible for instrument decontamination, sterile processing, and instrument care and handling, documentation, and record keeping related to those activities. Coordinates and follows through with all instrument training and equipment repairs. Trains new staff in how to work in the varying areas of the department. Acts as an SPD role model for customer service, professional conduct, and leadership.
- Accountable for the delivery of quality patient care in the Operating Room.
- Demonstrates active communication and participation with designated O.R. team members.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge in the use of all equipment to support primary service
- Anticipates the need of the surgeon to expedite the surgical procedure.
- Assists with the preparation of equipment and supplies required for the surgical procedure.
- Plans for and coordinates instrument needs for intra operative use.
- Demonstrates proficiency and knowledge of instruments for all types of surgery.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the storage of instruments and those supplies maintained in SPD.
- Inspects and tests instruments and equipment; ensures that specialty and general instruments are functioning and reports any abnormalities to Director of Nursing or Administrator; takes immediate action if required by the situation.
- Demonstrates care, handling, and assembly of accessory and specialty SPD equipment.
- Ensures the proper functioning of laparoscopic and arthroscopic cameras and scopes.
- Demonstrates proficiency with the use of specialized equipment, i.e., drills,
- Demonstrates knowledge of prescribed procedures for terminally cleaning all items that have the patient and/or sterile field.
- Demonstrates awareness of exceptional care procedures for specialty items and equipment by following proper procedure.
- Maintains and enforces standard of sterile technique and safe environment during instrument processing and throughout the facility.
- Demonstrates advanced skill as a resource person in primary service.
- Completes annual skills competency validation
- Completes mandatory education and training
- Actively participates in team planning and independently executes established plans.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar work environment required.
- Central sterile or operating room experience required.
- Sterile Processing & Distribution Certification.
- Must fulfill continuing education requirements to maintain certification.