Find Your Job
Search for new opportunities, your next job awaits!
Great Oppurtunity for someone interest in relocating to the Allentown PA area!
Desktop Support Specialist:
Our client, located in Allentown, PA, is looking for a Desktop support specialist. The candidate will provide level 1 and 2 desktop and technical support for on-site and remote workers. Daily tasks are to configure, deploy, troubleshoot, and resolve issues related to software, hardware, peripheral devices, servers, networks, and other applications specific to our internal clients. External clients are also to be supported, as needed, with basic hardware connection issues and issues related to the functionality and usability of our web applications. The Desktop Support Specialist has a strong career path ahead to grow into higher-level roles within the organization.
- Support various technical systems, including Windows 10, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Active Directory, Windows Server 2016/2019, desktop applications, and cloud services Office 365 / Azure.
- Provide exceptional customer service in person, via phone, via chat, and email as appropriate.
- Troubleshoot printers and peripheral devices such as headsets.
- Track and log all calls and support requests in the ticketing system.
- Utilize remote desktop control software to aid in customer resolutions.
- Escalate calls to the proper functional area based on priority.
- Proactively research products for new releases, updates, and accurate technical information to identify innovative solutions that increase service and efficiencies.
- Prepare and maintain documentation as needed.
- Bachelor's degree preferred with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- A minimum of 2+ years' experience in an IT Help Desk position supporting on-site and remote users
- Solid knowledge and experience supporting Azure Active Directory, Office 365, MS Active Directory, Windows 10, and Windows Server 2016/2019.
- Working knowledge of desktop applications and cloud services Office 365 / Azure
- Basic knowledge supporting networking components DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, TCP/IP, and VPN
- Strong ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical staff.
- Excellent ability to multi-task
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong desire to learn and grow professionally
- Demonstrate and promote the company's vision
- Conduct all activities in a safe and efficient manner