Find Your Job
Search for new opportunities, your next job awaits!
Are you a Licensed Master's level advocate trained to work with those who have experienced trauma?
Our client located in Westchester County is a non-profit that works with the youngest survivors of domestic violence, the YOUTH. This role requires Licensed Masters level people competent in culturally relevant, trauma-informed, evidence-based counseling services.
- Providing virtual and in-person, evidence-based trauma-responsive counseling to approximately 40-50 families per year.
- Attending case conferences and staff meetings with colleagues as part of MSP's Children's Programs
- Gathering and analyzing statistics to monitor program effectiveness, and drafting monthly/quarterly activity reports to funders and external evaluation partners.
- Engaging caregivers with MSP's Parenting with HEART curriculum, to strengthen trauma-responsive parenting skills.
- Representing MSP at community meetings and coalitions and engaging in outreach to establish and strengthen partnerships.
- Participating in MSP trainings, committees, and interdepartmental meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Masters of Social Work or related degree
- Experience working with children and families, providing counseling, support and advocacy in a variety of settings
- Knowledge of gender based violence, domestic violence, human trafficking, or trauma
- A passionate commitment to principles of anti-oppression
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving and leadership skills
- Ability to manage crises with tact, diplomacy and sound judgment and a willingness to promote integration across agency departments
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Technology proficiencies including using Excel, Apricot and other web-based platforms
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Valid driver's license and reliable, insured transportation
- Spanish speaking required
GREAT BENEFITS AND PTO PACKAGE:
Health, Vision and Dental paid at 100 percent. PTO and self-care are important to us, and we offer a PTO plan that includes, vacation, sick time, personal days as well as summer Fridays.
Salary: commensurate with experience.