“If your dream only includes you, it's too small.”
— Ava DuVernay.
Our client an NYC Security Officer operation is growing and hiring Field Inspectors. The role manages, supervises, and coordinates the activities, at the site level, of all assigned security officers and executes all tasks related to maintaining prescribed standards in compliance with the Standard Operating Procedures by performing the following duties:
- Patrols assigned posts and accounts, which may require using a company-provided vehicle.
- Has working knowledge and understanding of the Specific and General Post instructions for assigned sites; has practical knowledge of all additional and emergency post instructions that are called for by the client.
- Tour assigned sites observing guard performance and compliance with client expectations. This includes making sure post orders are followed and, security officers are in uniform.
- Ensure public and employee safety.
- Conduct MTA card audit, verifying security officers are only using it when on duty.
- Verify security guard attendance presence onsite at the start of each shift, using attendance tracking software.
- Prepare Incident Reports and paperwork in a timely manner and ensure that security guards do the same.
- Assists in conducting on-the-job training for newly assigned security officers as necessary.
- Responds to alarms upon request throughout the assigned area.
- Responds to urgent client needs/requests for services or changes to services.
- Informs the Operations Manager of matters/issues that cannot wait until the next workday.
- Records the daily events of their post/shift on the Daily Inspection Report DIR which will be reviewed daily by the Operations Manager.
- Examines doors, windows, and gates of assigned posts to determine that they are secure.
- Warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles, and expel persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts.
- Registers at watch stations to record time of inspection trips and contracted random inspections.
- Completing effective health & safety assessments, risk assessments, and site evaluations.
- Supporting and developing team members in the performance of their duties, managing poor performance as required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
The Ideal Candidate has the following qualifications:
- Prior experience as a supervisor of security officers.
- Technology Savvy
- Valid State Security Guard Card License.
- Valid CPR/AED/First Aid Certification preferred.
- Prior Military or Law Enforcement experience, is a plus.