Find Your Job
Search for new opportunities, your next job awaits!
Our client, located ln Harrison, New York, is looking for a Certified Athletic Trainer. The position will report to the Director of Physical Therapy. Please review qualifications and requirements and apply!!!
· Bachelor's degree in athletic training or equivalent.
· Holds valid NATA certification/license for athletic trainer in NY State
· Minimum one-year experience as an athletic trainer.
· ability to work well under pressure.
· Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Provides on-site athletic training services at local high school commencing with the Fall sports schedule and concluding at the end of the Spring sports season. Specific daily schedules are determined in discussions between the local high school Head Trainer, Athletic Director, and Director of Physical Therapy.
· Maintains the high school Training Room facility in a neat and orderly fashion.
· Maintains appropriate inventory of supplies through the athletic department budget.
· Recruits, trains, schedules, and monitors Student Athletic Trainers.
· Provides Athletic Trainer coverage for all local high school sporting events. This includes all home sporting events during regular weekly hours from approximately 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm; all home and away varsity football contests and selected home contests scheduled for evenings or weekends.
· Provides continuing education for local high school coaches to keep them current on sports injury prevention, treatment, and care.
· Monitors status of First Aid and CPR certifications of coaching staff and provides periodic certification classes if needed.
· Maintains open and regular communications with the local high school Athletic Director and meets periodically with other appropriate Board of Education staff to evaluate and review Athletic Trainer Program.
· Evaluates physical condition and advises and treats patients to maintain maximum physical fitness for participation in athletic competition.
· Prescribes routine and corrective exercises to strengthen muscles.
· Makes recommendations for diet and nutrition to facilitate health and reduce weight.
· Performs massage and soft tissue techniques to alleviate pain, restore function/motion, and diminish edema.
· Renders first aide to injured patients, such as giving artificial respiration, cleaning and bandaging wounds, and applying heat and cold to promote healing.
· Works with physicians to provide a continuum of care to patients.
· Utilizes wrapping/strapping techniques to prevent and help support injured areas.
· Uses modalities as appropriate for patient care.
· Confers with physical therapy team members individually and in conference to exchange, discuss, and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment programs.
· Maintains accurate documentation of care of high school students and clinical patients.
· Oversees and orders all clinical supplies for the physical therapy department.
· Maintains work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
· Follows all HIPAA rules as instructed.
· Follows ONS' policies and procedures.
· Performs other duties/projects as assigned.
Has the physical ability to perform job-related duties, which may require lifting, bending, stooping, stretching, pulling and pushing.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Harrison, NY
Required education: Bachelor's
Required license or certification: ATC Required