Find Your Job
Search for new opportunities, your next job awaits!
STARTING PAY UP TO $29.00 PER HOUR & UNION BENEFITS
MALE CANDIDATES PREFERRED
Our client, located in the Bronx and Brooklyn, is currently seeking Behavioral Youth Specialists. This position works with youth residing in juvenile detention facilities.
This is a great entry-level experience for those interested in child services, law enforcement, corrections, criminal justice, counseling, social work, recovery, mental health, and people with disabilities.
• Provide a fun, safe, comfortable atmosphere that fosters respect, responsibility, caring, honesty, and the opportunity to make positive choices.
• Facilitate, engage, and support youth in all activities, including school, daily routines, religious services, court preparation & attendance, family visits, health care visits, etc.
• Coordinate with staff, teachers, and community members and supervise various youth development programs.
• Mentor and guide youth individually or in groups to help them learn pro-social, academic, and vocational skills.
• Observe youth closely and maintain required reports on attendance, incidents, and behavior observations.
Minimum Qualification & Requirements
- COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIRED
- MALE candidates preferred
- Education requirements high school diploma with relevant industry experience. Prefer some college or a degree.
- VETERANS are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated ability in relationship building and working with young people and parents.