Find Your Job
Search for new opportunities, your next job awaits!
Our client, located in Brewster, NY, is looking for a Quality Improvement Specialist/ Investigator. The position would assist with the development and implementation of the quality improvement programs; conduct and complete investigations according to OPWDD regulations.
- Associate Degree in related human services field preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience in developmental disabilities and /or regulatory compliance
- Minimum 2 years experience in conducting investigation and writing investigation reports according to OPWDD and Justice Center regulations preferred
- Thorough knowledge of City, State, and Federal regulations governing the operation of intermediate care facilities, individual residential alternatives, day habilitation programs, supported employment, HCBS Waiver programs, and Article 16 Clinics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel to multiple locations throughout the CP Unlimited residences and programs
- Able to work flexible hours and/or days as necessary
- Performs all job responsibilities in full compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Adheres to the agency's corporate compliance program, including the code of business conduct, the NYS and federal false claims acts, whistleblower protections and mandatory reporting. Completes corporate compliance training at least annually. Fully cooperates in all corporate compliance investigations and reviews.
Position Duties: include but are not limited to the following:
- Conducts follow-up quality improvement surveys based on QI surveys completed by the QI Enhancement Day and Residential Programs.
- Conducts other internal QI surveys as requested by the supervisor.
- Conducts an ongoing review process of Plan of Corrective Actions as needed.
- Participates and assists in external surveys as needed.
- Works collaboratively with CP Unlimited Hudson Valley management and program staff on the development of strategies and systems, as appropriate to correct identified issues.
- Responsible for assisting and supporting the SDQI Department as needed with investigations, incident management, and training.
- Conducts and completed written investigation reports according to Agency Policy and adherence to OPWDD and NYS Justice Center regulations.