Find Your Job
Search for new opportunities, your next job awaits!
Certified Surgical Technologist
Our client, located in Stamford, CT, is looking for a Part-Time Certified Surgical Technologist is a certified technician who, as a result of advanced education and in-depth clinical experience, demonstrates proficiency in a defined area of practice. This individual is highly motivated and self-directed and requires minimal supervision in accomplishing his/her duties and responsibilities. He/she actively contributes to the knowledge and growth of self and others and can assume more responsibilities outside of his/her area of expertise.
- Accountable for the delivery of quality patient care in the Operating Room.
- Assists with the transportation of patients to and from the O.R. as needed
- Demonstrates advanced skills in the use of all equipment to support primary service
- Provides advanced surgical scrub services in primary service
- Anticipates emergency or unusual circumstances and initiates corrective actions according to established protocols.
- Anticipates the need of the surgeon in order to expedite the surgical procedure.
- Assists with the preparation of equipment and supplies required for the surgical procedure.
- Plans for and coordinates supplies and equipment for intraoperative use.
- Demonstrates proficiency when selecting instruments for all types of surgery.
- Checks case carts for required supplies and selects necessary items as needed for assigned surgery.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the storage of specialty equipment by the ability to locate such when necessary.
- Maintains and enforces the highest standard of sterile technique and safe environment during the operative procedure.
- Performs periodic counts of needles, sponges, and equipment during the surgical procedure and Initiates corrective action with the circulating nurse in accordance to the center's policies and procedures when counts are incorrect.
- Maintains patient's privacy and confidentiality at all times according to the center's standards.
- Acts as a patient advocate and assures that the patient's Bill of Rights is followed.
- Graduate from certified technician program preferred, or holds a license in Practical Nursing, and related Operating Room experience with advanced education.
- National Certification as a Surgical Technologist Preferred.
- Must meet the criteria for Surgical Technician/LPN, has a minimum of 2 years current experience in an operating room, and consistently demonstrates competent practice in assigned service.
- Maintains his /her certification.
- Participates in continuing education program which pertains directly to surgical technology.