Find Your Job
Search for new opportunities, your next job awaits!
Our client located in Fairfield County is looking for a
MRI Tech Aid to assist in multiple locations. Please read the job responsibilities and qualifications below and apply!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Included but are not limited to the following.
· Uses two patient identifiers when addressing patients. Cross references requisitions with patient's script for patient identification.
· Performs initial MRI safety screening on all MRI patients in Zone 2.
· Communicates with the Technologist if the patient answers yes during initial safety screening.
· Assists technologists by monitoring safety zones 3 and 4 when the Technologist is out of the suite.
· Assists in setting up coils and positioning patients on MR/CT examining table for procedures.
· Aides with MRI patients who exhibit claustrophobia. Stays in the MRI room zone 4 whenever a patient needs assistance or comfort to complete an MRI study. Escorts and transports patients via wheelchair to and from the imaging department if needed. Accompany patient to all MRI zones.
· Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
· Practice infection control by disinfecting MR room, slider boards, changing room, etc., between patients.
· Assists technologist as ACR guidelines second staff member during MRI exam.
· Assist MRI techs with supplies and setting up a sterile tray for IV insertion and 2nd staff member during injections.
· Monitors daily schedule.
· Assist with ensuring images are sent to radiologists' queue for reading.
· Answer and field phone calls from other departments; Call patients to coordinate MRI schedule.
· Maintain coordination with the front desk and surgical coordinators for the most efficient throughput.
· Process superbill, ensure charges are entered, and notes are completed for each case.
· Maintains established imaging ONS policies and procedures, objectives, performance improvement activities, safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
· Maintains a good working relationship with staff members internally and externally to the department.
· Communicates clearly and appropriately to staff involved in the patient's care.
· Practices AIDET when greeting patients and visitors.
· Represents and maintains the Standards of Behavior and Professionalism of ONS
· Provides information and directions to patients/visitors as needed.
· Accurately manages the corrections to accounts as requested by management.
· Escorts patients/visitors to other departments when appropriate.
· Ensures all linens, gowns, disinfectants, and other daily use items are stocked appropriately for daily/weekly use.
· Assist technologist in securing MRI suite before and after each shift.
· Under the direction of MA supervisor/Nurse Manager/Direction of Operations, replenish the stock of clinical/non-clinical items
· Under the direction of Patient Access leadership, expedite/room patients; Maintain throughput of floor
· Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Education and/or Experience
· Associates preferably, technical degree and equivalent experience.
· Minimum of 2+ years in a busy IT helpdesk environment, preferably in healthcare.
· A+ and CompTIA relevant Certifications are preferred.
· ITIL Foundations is preferred.
· ConnectWise Manage/Control and Automate experience is preferred.
· Industry-related certifications is a plus.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The MRI Tech Aid should be able to work with objects
up to 30 lbs, be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time as well as navigate through our sites.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel between current and future locations as needed.