Find Your Job
Search for new opportunities, your next job awaits!
Our client, located ln Wilton, CT, is looking for a Certified Medical Assistant / Orthopedics. The position will report to the Director of Nursing. Please review the requirements and qualifications and apply!
- Meets patients and prepares them for procedures
- Assists patients as needed with walking transfers, dressing, collecting specimens & preparing for exams, etc.
- Gets DMEs for doctors or nurses
- Fulfills environmental responsibilities as assigned that may include setting up instruments and equipment according to department protocols
- Cleaning exam/procedure rooms, instruments, equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control; cleaning sterilizer according to the scheduled maintenance program
- Keeping appropriate records; ordering, sorting, storing supplies; and restocking exam/procedure rooms
- Position requires coverage for other locations on an as-needed basis
- · Takes and records patients' vital signs before and after procedures.
- · Assists doctors with various procedures and provides materials and guidance as needed.
- · Unpacks supply deliveries and stores away items as directed
- · Assists members of clinical support staff and physicians with all duties as necessary and appropriate. includes patient care, post-op phone follow-up calls and other patient phone calls, medication updates
- · Documents all phone calls and actions appropriately in EMR.
- · Identifies OSHA issues and communicates for correction.
- · Follows all HIPAA regulations as instructed.
- · Follows ONS' policies and procedures.
- · Performs other duties/projects as assigned.
EDUCATION / Experience:
Associates degree AND Medical Assistant diploma from an accredited vocational institution. Appropriate certificate indicating passing grade for specific specialty if working in specialty department; e.g., Orthopedics tech.
- Medical Assistant Certified
- General knowledge of office procedures and computer systems.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to handle high stress, busy work environment.
- Knowledge of Word & Outlook Required.
- Orthopedic and/or casting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of GE Centricity is a plus.
- Pleasant, professional, and articulate phone skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work as part of a team
Job Type: Full-time
- · One to two years of experience in an Orthopedics setting:
- · Spanish helpful
Required license or certification:
- · CT and or NY State Medical Assistant Certification