Find Your Job
Search for new opportunities, your next job awaits!
Registered Nurse Preoperative/Post-Operative
Our client, located in Stamford, CT, is looking for Pre and Post-Operative Registered Nurse to practice within the Patient and Family-Centered Care Model will assess, plan, implement and evaluate care for patients, coordinate ancillary staff and collaborate with the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Admits, transfers, and discharges patients.
- Participates in developing patient's plan of care to include patient problems, goals, evaluations, and interventions.
- Reports symptoms and significant changes in the patient's condition to the appropriate personnel.
- Assesses, collaborates, and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs and readiness for discharge with other members of the care team
- Demonstrates appropriate applications of age specific standards, policies and procedures, and guidelines in caring for pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills based on patient assessment and the requirements to deliver care in a safe, efficient manner maximizing positive outcomes for the patient.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of patient care in the clinical record
- Collaborates and works cooperatively with physicians and other members of the health care team
- Participates in performance improvement activities, which include collecting, analyzing data to identify quantifiable measures to maintain quality and the promotion of desired outcomes
Pre-op/Post-op are specific duties that may include functions of teaching, risk management, and communication in the following manners:
- Reviews preoperative/postoperative physician orders to determine patient needs.
- Obtains and reviews patient medical history for accuracy upon admission.
- Reviews and assesses diagnostic data or absence thereof and collaborates with physicians and other health care workers to provide appropriate follow-up actions.
- Utilizes clinical experience and knowledge to anticipate potential patient care problems and collaborates with appropriate individuals.
- Performs/ reviews assessment of the patient, family members, and/or significant others' knowledge base, healthcare practices, attitudes of health and illness, and level of understanding.
- Performs preoperative diagnostic procedures accurately and according to the standards of the surgical center.
- Demonstrates competency in performing phlebotomy, obtaining various types of laboratory specimen results, electrocardiograms, or other diagnostic tests
- Administers intravenous solutions and medications skillfully and correctly
- Capable of completing admission/discharge information, physician orders, or other information data entry.
- Maintains standards of accurate and complete recording and reporting.
- Initiate cardiac monitoring. Evaluate existing drainage systems.
- Recognize cardiac arrhythmias and intervene using physician orders, ACLS Algorithm.
- Monitor the hemodynamic status of the patient and interpret results.
- Assess/reassess pain utilizing appropriate multi-modal pain management therapies.
- Assist anesthesiologist in administering nerve blocks.
- BLA, ACLS, and PALS are required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with an associate degree or BSN degree.
- Current, unencumbered RN licensure in the State of Connecticut
- BLS, ACLS, PALS required