Find Your Job
Search for new opportunities, your next job awaits!
Registered Nurse O.R.
Our client, located ln Stamford, CT, is looking for a Registered Nurse O.R. The position will report to the Director of Nursing. The Registered Nurse will assess, plan, implement and evaluate care for patients, coordinate ancillary staff and collaborate with the interdisciplinary health care team. Please review qualifications and requirements and apply!!!
The Operating room nurse provides direct and individualized nursing care to patients based on scientific nursing principles. In addition to general nursing care, responsibilities of the OR nurse include but are not limited to:
- Consults and coordinate with health care team members to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care plans.
- Assesses and monitors patients' vital signs
- Assists in positioning the patient and assures safety at all times.
- Provides for accurate care and handling of specimens.
- Observe, check, and monitor all equipment used during surgery to confirm they are operating smoothly.
- Handles patient documentation.
- Inventories all items pre and post-surgery.
- Ensures that operating on the correct patient and procedure is being performed through a well-executed Time Out procedure.
- Provides basic bedside care.
- Reports to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocols.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately, and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format in the center's electronic medical record EMR software system.
- Preps operating room for patient/procedure.
- Preps patients' operative area using the antiseptic technique with approved antiseptic to prepare the patient for the planned surgical procedure.
- Monitors patients' physical well-being throughout the care continuum.
From time to time, the Registered OR Nurse may be asked to scrub in on the procedure. Therefore, the following additional duties may apply:
- Familiar with surgical hand scrubbing techniques in accordance with the AORN standards.
- Selects and handles instruments and supplies used for the operating procedure and passing these items to the surgeon.
Registered Nurse O.R. Circulator Job Description, Page Two
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with an associate degree or BSN degree.
RN in the State of Connecticut
Basic Life Support BLS required
Advanced Cardiac Life Support ACLS is preferred but not required
Pediatric Advanced Life Support PALS is preferred but not required
CNOR preferred but not required
- Complies with the facility's time and attendance policy.
- Promotes teamwork between people, departments and services.
- Uses effective communication skills to create a culture of collaboration and respect.
- Accepts suggestions and feedback from others.
- Adheres to the professional standards set forth in the Employee Handbook.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMAND:
- May be exposed to infectious diseases. Standing/walking for more than half of the day.
- Frequently bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, twisting, and lifting.
- Must be able to assist pushing/pulling/lifting patients ranging from five 5 to three hundred 300 pounds.