Find Your Job
Search for new opportunities, your next job awaits!
Operating Room Assistant ORA
Our client, located in Stamford, CT, is looking for an Operating Room Assistants, also known as ORA, provide a combination of janitorial and patient care services assisting with the preparation and turnover of daily surgical procedures in conjunction with other members of the surgical team. They also ensure that the operating rooms are cleaned before, during, and after surgery.
- Prepares the operating room at the beginning of the day by sanitizing all flat surfaces and equipment using special cleaners known as germicides
- Assists the surgical team in positioning patients
- Sweep and mop floors between surgical procedures, more often if necessary.
- Assists in transferring patients from the operating room bed to the recovery stretchers and cleans the operating room for the next procedure
- Changing bed sheets in between surgical procedures
- Responsible for the management of linen and scrub attire
- Assist the Materials Manager with inventory receiving and controls
- Assist clinical staff in picking cases for future surgical procedures
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Proficiency and understanding of basic medical terminology
- BLS preferred
- Attention to detail is an important skill to provide a clean environment and may also be responsible for sterilizing medical equipment.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMAND:
- May be exposed to infectious diseases.
- Standing/walking for more than half of the day.
- Frequently bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, twisting, and lifting.
- Sufficient mobility and strength to move throughout the department and lift heavy items weighing up to 50 pounds. Pushing and pulling patient stretchers and wire/ metal supply carts.
- Heavy lifting or bending associated with the movement or lifting of patients
- May be required to wear personal protection equipment when required