Find Your Job
Search for new opportunities, your next job awaits!
Our client, located in Stamford, CT, is looking for a Materials Manager to oversee the daily operations of supplies and inventory.This includes procurement operations to include par-level compliance, order placement, and order receipts.
- Facilitates and monitors the tracking of all medical supplies, DMEs, and controlled and non-controlled drugs.
- Assumes responsibility for storeroom environment such as room cleanliness, maintaining expiration date checks, clear floor area, allowing 18" clearance from ceiling, product bins properly labeled, and staff work areas neat and organized.
- Must ensure a continual state of readiness for regulatory inspections.
- Establishes par levels and monitors par-level compliance through monthly inventory controls.
- Assumes responsibility for overseeing and training other clinical staff on the proper use of the inventory management application ie, Envi.
- Proactively identifies opportunities and develops and implements plans to achieve expense reduction initiatives.
- Enforces policies pertaining to vendors; grants vendors access to the Center's information and the physical environment only as it serves the needs of the Center, reporting unauthorized vendors, and ensuring HIPAA compliance.
- Collaborates with Administrator and Nurse Manager to forecast supply needs to eliminate stock deficits. Coordinates emergency supply acquisitions when necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of GPO purchasing programs.
- Facilitates timely resolution of Accounts Payable issues to avoid institutional credit holds and avoids disruptions caused by supply outages.
- Works with Administration to utilize industry benchmarks and assess performance.
- Provides data and input to A/R staff for third-party payer billing.
- BS/BA or Associates Degree required.
- Three years working in a materials management capacity. Minimum one year direct supervisory responsibility managing materials.
- Experience in the Operating Room of an ASC or hospital supply area is highly preferred.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge and experience with materials management functions of inventory, ordering/purchasing, receipt and stocking, accounts payable, review of usage report data and development of appropriate PAR levels.
- Must have experience with standard business software to include Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as specific materials management programs such as Inventory Optimization Solutions IOS, and other bar code and/or RFID based tracking systems.
- Must possess excellent planning and written/oral communication skills.
- Must have excellent time management skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize and follow through on completion of operational and project-related assignments.
- Must be able to operate and instruct others in data entry, reports, and information management. Must clearly communicate performance expectations and accountabilities.