Find Your Job
Search for new opportunities, your next job awaits!
Our client, located ln Stamford, CT, is looking for a Certified Surgical Technologist. This individual should be highly motivated and self-directed and requires minimal supervision in accomplishing their duties and responsibilities. He/she actively contributes to the knowledge and growth of self and others and is able to assume more responsibilities outside of their area of expertise. Essentials duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Accountable for the delivery of quality patient care in the Operating Room.
- Assists with the transportation of patients to and from the O.R. as needed
- Demonstrates active communication and participation with designated O.R. team members in the TIME OUT verification of correct procedure site marking and laterality.
- Demonstrates advanced skills in the use of all equipment to support primary service
- Provides advanced surgical scrub services in primary service
- Anticipates emergency or unusual circumstances and initiates corrective actions according to established protocols.
- Anticipates the need of the surgeon in order to expedite the surgical procedure.
- Assists with the preparation of equipment and supplies required for the surgical procedure.
- Plans for and coordinates supplies and equipment for intraoperative use.
- Demonstrates proficiency when selecting instruments for all types of surgery.
- Checks case carts for required supplies and selects necessary items as needed for assigned surgery.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the storage of specialty equipment by the ability to locate such when necessary.
- Maintains and enforces the highest standard of sterile technique and safe environment during operative procedures.
- Performs periodic counts of needles, sponges, and equipment during the surgical procedure and Initiates corrective action with the circulating nurse under the center's policies and procedures when counts are incorrect.
- Maintains patient's privacy and confidentiality at all times according to the center's standards.
- Acts as a patient advocate and assures that the patient's Bill of Rights is followed.
Certified Surgical Technologist Job Description, Page Two
- Graduate from certified technician program preferred, or holds a license in Practical Nursing, and related Operating Room experience with advanced education.
- National Certification as a Surgical Technologist Preferred.
- Must meet the criteria for Surgical Technician/LPN, has a minimum of 2 years current experience in an operating room, and consistently demonstrates competent practice in assigned service.
- Maintains his /her certification.
- Participates in continuing education program which pertains directly to surgical technology.
- Complies with the facility's time and attendance policy
- Promotes teamwork within the entire organization
- Uses effective communication skills to create a culture of collaboration and respect.
- Accepts suggestions and feedback from others
- Adheres to the professional standards outlined in the Employee Handbook