“If your dream only includes you, it's too small.”
— Ava DuVernay.
Are you in the MILITARY or a VETERAN living near the city of LONG BEACH CALIFORNIA interested in performing compassionate outreach to hard-to-reach residents who may be experiencing multiple barriers to care i.e., housing, food insecurity, transportation, etc.? Our client is a community-based organization and this position is HYBRID.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Working closely with internal Community Navigators and Community Ambassadors to identify community members in need.
2. Working closely with local community-based organizations and partners i.e. the Veterans Administration, VPAN, CityHeART, Social Workers, and external referrers to identify veteran community members in need.
3. Provide intake into our Case Management system by phone direct line provided, zoom or in person, collecting all demographic information and assessments in-order to make community-based referral.
4. Being an advocate for Community Member basic and essential needs.
5. Communicate with external organization to provide additional information and coordination to ensure client obtains necessary resources.
6. Identify emergency needs and make approximate referral.
7. Assist families with completing forms and documents for services.
8. Provide community feedback to management and stakeholders.
9. Attend internal meetings and community events as needed.
10. This is a remote position; however, in-person Part-Time office attendance is required one day a week on a weekly basis. Your direct support manager is Chad Curtis, V.E.T.S. Director.
This is an interim position pending direct program funding, the current direct compensation for up-to 8 hours per week is $20 per hour, paid weekly.
#Veteran #Military #Longbeach